Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Song of the Journey poem in ASL with Dangerous Signs

Dangerous Signs members and I performed my original poem titled "Song of the Journey" in ASL for Dr. Bill Destler's retirement celebration (now former RIT president) this early summer. Eric Severson spoke my written English poem excellently. We, myself and Dangerous Signs members, worked hard on this complicated science-oriented poem. I was amazed that we did this so well without any errors during this performance. The video, done by RIT media, turned out amazing and beautiful. I am honored to have my work get shown out to the public like this. 

The funny thing is that this particular poem was rejected by some kind of committee group for Dr. Bill Destler's becoming a new RIT president celebration a while ago. Now my work got a chance to be seen later for the man's retirement celebration. 

Also, in my deep gratitude and honor, Peter Haggerty (former National Technical Institute for the Deaf English professor) edited this poem before I submitted it to that committee. I also would like to thank Laune Davis Haggerty, director of Dangerous Signs, for pushing this work to be presented with strong support and belief in my work.

Here is the hyperlink of the video:



ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment