Saturday, March 10, 2012
I submitted one logo design to Friends of the Public Market for the contest, yet they e-mailed back and asked me to submit 3 more, for they decided to ask artists to submit 4 logos instead of 1. Henceforth, I created 3 more logos. Here they are. I already submitted these 3 new logos to them. If an artist gets chosen, he/she would get $200.00 and their work would be on market bags, t-shirts, posters, and etc. I shall cross my fingers to get chosen for one of my 4 logos.
I have been working on creating 3 science fiction-themed illustrations for the Ron L. Hubbard Writers and Illustrators of the Future contest due by March 31st. It took a whole month to complete this project. The mediums are color pencils on color papers. The contest asks for 3 themes of science fiction or fantasy. I created a robot theme, an alien theme, and virtual reality theme. If an artist gets chosen, she/he would get $1,000.00 and have networking opportunities. I shall cross my fingers and see if I win. Even if I don't win, that may not end just that. What may happen is to get networking to happen for my work through this contest.
Though, the image of my work isn't the best one. They will have to be scanned in order to look really good before submitting them. Other than that, enjoy the images of my 3 work.
I have been working on creating a design on a bottle for a bottle company SIGG. They posted on Talenthouse.com to have artists join and compete for a best design. If chosen, an artist wins $1,000.00 and gets good networking opportunities. Henceforth, I came up with using images of cats. It's my hope that the popularity of cats due to their cuteness and being part of the society in families and etc. could entice the jurists or voters in Talenthouse.com to choose my design. Though, this task took a long time. I had to find many photos of cats on the Internet. Though, to avoid copyrights issues, the changes of the images has to be at least 25% or more. Therefore, those cats are not exactly the way they looked originally from the Internet. I copied/pasted the cats and used high contrast and darkness/brightness in PhotoShop to create silhouettes of the cats and reduce their sizes. For the face of the cat on front, I used special affects under Filter to create "Poster Edge" and "Cut Out" that changed the cat's face from original to artists' work, more cubic and torn edges on its face. The same went to the cat paw on the back of the bottle. I also added a white spot on the cat's eye to create a light spot and added a green on the eye as well to show this cat as having a green eye. I painted in white on the paw's toes. I just used "Bucket" tool to fill the whole background in green to match the cat's green eye. This is pretty much completed, but the only thing I need to do is to fix some tiny cats that are more grey and needs to get down to complete black. Shall cross my fingers to win or get at least a networking opportunity.
Thursday, March 1, 2012
I completed this logo for Friends of the Public Market. This is a logo in their logo contest. I am hoping to be selected. If selected, some money would be given and the logo would be printed. Been working on this logo for several weeks. Such a tedious job to do, especially revising and fixing tiny things in the work. Cross my fingers.