Friday, April 22, 2011

John Roche, Myself and other Poets/Musicians at Bug Jar


To see the poster bigger, you need to click on the image.

On April 30th, from 5-8 Pm, John Roche (featured poet), myself and other poets plus musicians after John's reading will perform at Bug Jar downtown Rochester on 219 Monroe Ave. John Roche will read his work, then other poets will read their work afterwards. I, as one of the poets, will perform using sign language and spoken words simultaneously. I will do 2 or 3 poems during this event. I usually perform my work in pure ASL along my original composed electronic music with recorded voice, but in this event, I will only use sign language while I speak at the same time in front of the microphone. For this kind of performance approach, the sign language may not be completely in American Sign Language structure, but more in English-led format. It is not that easy to do pure ASL and voice the English-structured words simultaneously. Also, if it works out, I may have a bongo or percussion player play along one of my poem at this event. I am looking forward to this fun event.

No comments:

Post a Comment