Monday, August 14, 2017

I took a photo of myself with iPhoto, wearing a black shirt. A black cloth was hanging behind me. I then used PicsArt app to make the photo black and white and I used some effects to make the face/hand glow with high contrast, blurs, and etc. Noticing too much sharp edge on my head and the eyes/nose/mouth on my face, I had to fix it. Also, the nose nostrils were deep black, which didn't match the eyes, mouth, and eyebrows color (grey). I used PhotoShop to solve the problem by blurring the edge and filling the nostrils in grey color. This is titled "Death" and it's pretty much influenced by Robert Mapplethorpe's self-portrait with a skull on the cane, which I saw at Rochester George Eastman House several years ago. That Mapplethorpe photo really hit me and I shall never forget it. Powerful indeed!

You can click on this to see it bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment