Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Hearing Aid, Heart, Deaf and Gay Identity Drawing

I created this work about a month ago. Hadn't had a chance to put that work into this blog. It's color pencils on a white paper. Took me about 2 weeks to complete. The hearing aid was possible to draw because I used my real hearing aid as a reference. I also used my hand as a reference to draw the hands. I found photos of the lips and the ear online to use as references to draw them. As you see, I had to rely on these things as references to make them look right proportionally and so forth, which do help a lot, than trying to remember how they look in my mind. The heart was just simple heart-shaped and only added the shades and lights for forms. I then used rainbow colors on the background for my gay pride, according to my identity as much as being hard of hearing or deaf, whichever anyone can call me, as I don't mind being called either one. This work conveys the message upon my love, pride, and experience of relying on lip reading, the ear, the hearing aid, and the hands (American Sign Language). Henceforth, here is the work below.

Click on this photo to see it bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment